The Mayan Superfood
Cacao (pronounced ka-kow) beans are the seeds of an Amazonian fruiting tree and source of all chocolate and cocoa products. Pulverising our raw Nibs separates them into creamy Cacao Butter and beautiful rich, raw Cacao Powder. As the temperature is never allowed to exceed 40°C, the powder is considered a ‘raw' food with all heat-sensitive vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants remaining intact, thereby maximising digestion and absorption. In fact, our powder has over 360% MORE antioxidants than regular cocoa !!
Cacao Power® is a registered trademark of Power Super Foods®.
"Hi, I have received my Peruvian Cacao and love the flavour. It is rich and deep and makes a great cup of hot chocolate with hot water and a dash of maple syrup and a little milk. I love dark chocolate and have tried it all over the place but this is one of the best. Thanks so much - just drinking a cup right now! Sincerely, P.R. Victoria
Social Media Feedback:
@eaatreats: @powersuperfoods!! Your Cacao Powder the best there is! Thank you for supplying us with such superior superfood products! It makes baking raw desserts a breeze!
@axlgram13 (Jenna McDougall of Tonight Alive) @powersuperfoods raw Cacao Powder is hands down the best I've ever had.. Amazing velvety texture and not a touch of bitterness. And how stunning is the artwork? I can't wait to try more of your goodness.
@health_overhaul_journey: Obsessed with your stuff!
@birdandelephant: I love @powersuperfoods cacao powder!
@hannahjoehannaa: I use your cacao powder!
@thesupergelato: We would like to say thank you for providing us the BEST superfoods for our gelato! Also for the amazing customer service!!!! xx
@the_nourished_mind: Your products are amazing and you are an amazing company. Thank you for everything you provide your followers and customers with xx
@emerson_cooks: Ohhhh @powersuperfoods you guys are the BEST!! loooooove your products!!
Suggested Uses: Add to smoothies or milkshakes, make hot chocolate, sprinkle on coffee or icecream, add to cookie or muffin batter, or substitute for regular cocoa powder in dessert recipes.
The Mexican Mayan kings drank up to 30 pure chocolate drinks a day to maintain their vigour and valued the bean so highly that it was used as money. Raw Cacao products are a source of beta-carotene, amino acids (protein), Omega-3 EFA's, calcium, zinc, iron, copper, sulphur, potassium, and one of the best food sources of muscle relaxing, stress relieving magnesium – now you know why women crave chocolate every month!
- Antioxidant Face Mask
- Beetroot Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Bliss Balls
- Brownie Breakfast Mousse
- Cacao and Goji Berry Bars
- Cacao, Roast Almond & Salt Clusters
- Caramel Nicecream
- Cashew Mango Combo
- Chia Chocolates
- Choc-Berry & Quinoa Balls
- Choc-Berry Ice Cream Bar
- Choc Berry Superfood Bars
- Choc Mint Matcha Cups
- Choc-Superfood Brownies
- Chocolate Chia Brownies
- Chocolate Chia Pudding w. Maqui
- Chocolate Ice-Cream Cake w. a Berry & Vanilla Swirl Base
- Chocolate Orange Truffles
- Chocolate Protein Buttons
- Classic Fruit and Nutty
- Coconut Almond Butter Cups
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- Deluxe Superfood Shake
- Easy Protein Balls
- Goji Chocolate Cups
- Hazelnut Chocolate Tart
- Hazelnut Pudding
- Healthy Vegan Avocado Chocolate Tart
- Luxurious Chocolate Cake
- Maca and Chocolate Smoothie with Strawberries
- Marvellous Paleo Maca-roonies
- Neapolitan Ice-Cream Cake
- No-bake Maca Brownie Bites
- Paleo Brownies with Cacao Crunch
- Quinoa Choc-Chip Mountain Cookies
- Raw Acai Slice
- Raw Chocolate Brownies
- Raw Chocolate Pie
- Raw Chocolate Cherry Ripe Bites
- Raw Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Raw Chocolate Superfood Brownie
- Raw Caramel Slice
- Raw Coconut Cacao Balls with Blueberries
- Raw Raspberry Mousse Cheesecake
- Raw Vegan Turtle Cheesecake
- Red Velvet Superfood Cupcakes
- Really Raw Chocolates
- Secret Ingredient Hot Chocolate
- Spearmint Pistachio Logs
- Spiced Chocolate Sweet Potato Muffins
- Super Berry Banana Bonanza Smoothie
- Superfood Jewel Balls
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse
- Tahini Caramel Bar
- The Wickedest Truffles Ever
- Ultimate Superfood Smoothie
- Vegan Brownies with Almond Cacao Icing
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- Wholefood LCM Bars
Depends – some people say it helps them sleep, some say it makes them more alert – we're all so unique!
2. How much caffeine does cacao have?
All natural products vary, but it is generally considered to have about 1% caffeine (as compared to tea at 4% and coffee which can be more than 10% !!)
3. So why do I feel so good eating cacao?
Cacao has other naturally occurring phytochemicals like theobromine (considered an aphrodisiac), phenylethylamine (PEA – released when we fall in love), and anandamide (the ‘bliss' chemical).
- A great alternative! Review by Mumto3
- I'm on a mission to improve the nutritional content of what I feed my kids so I decided to use cacao powder instead of cocoa in baking. Your cacao powder was recommended to me by a friend and it is perfect. I love that it's organic and it smells divine? Works perfectly well in place of cocoa so I will definitely stick with your cacao powder. Thanks! (Posted on 7/04/16)
- Your Cacao Powder the best there is! Thank you for supplying us Review by eaatreats
- @powersuperfoods!! Your Cacao Powder the best there is! Thank you for supplying us with such superior superfood products! It makes baking raw desserts a breeze! (Posted on 15/10/15)