The Mayan Superfood
Cacao (pronounced ka-kow) beans are the seeds of an Amazonian fruiting tree and source of all chocolate and cocoa products. Pulverising our raw Nibs separates them into creamy Cacao Butter and beautiful rich, raw Cacao Powder. As the temperature is never allowed to exceed 40°C, the powder is considered a ‘raw' food with all heat-sensitive vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants remaining intact, thereby maximising digestion and absorption. In fact, our powder has over 360% MORE antioxidants than regular cocoa !!
Suggested Uses: Add to smoothies or milkshakes, make hot chocolate, sprinkle on coffee or icecream, add to cookie or muffin batter, or substitute for regular cocoa powder in dessert recipes.
Cacao Power® is a registered trademark of Power Super Foods®.
Customer Feedback: "Hi, I have received my Peruvian Cacao and love the flavour. It is rich and deep and makes a great cup of hot chocolate with hot water and a dash of maple syrup and a little milk. I love dark chocolate and have tried it all over the place but this is one of the best. Thanks so much - just drinking a cup right now! Sincerely, P.R. Victoria
The Mexican Mayan kings drank up to 30 pure chocolate drinks a day to maintain their vigour and valued the bean so highly that it was used as money. Raw Cacao products are a source of beta-carotene, amino acids (protein), Omega-3 EFA's, calcium, zinc, iron, copper, sulphur, potassium, and one of the best food sources of muscle relaxing, stress relieving magnesium – now you know why women crave chocolate every month!
- Beetroot Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Bliss Balls
- Brownie Breakfast Mousse
- Chia Chocolates
- Choc-Berry & Quinoa Balls
- Choc Berry Ice Cream Cake w. Berry & Vanilla Swirl Base
- Choc Berry Superfood Bars
- Choc Chia Pudding with Creamy Maqui
- Choc Mint Matcha Cups
- Chocolate Chia Brownies
- Chocolate Orange Truffles
- Chocolate Protein Buttons
- Classic Fruit and Nutty
- Easy Protein Balls
- Green Tea Cacao Amazeballs
- Hazelnut Chocolate Tart
- Hazelnut Pudding
- Marvellous Paleo Maca-roonies
- Paleo Brownies with Cacao Crunch
- Quinoa Choc-Chip Mountain Cookies
- Raw Acai Slice
- Raw Caramel Slice
- Raw Chocolate Brownies
- Raw Chocolate Pie
- Raw Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Raw Chocolate Superfood Brownie
- Raw Coconut Cacao Balls with Blueberries
- Raw Vegan Turtle Cheesecake
- Really Raw Chocolates
- Red Velvet Superfood Cupcakes
- Spiced Chocolate Sweet Potato Muffins
- Secret Ingredient Hot Chocolate
- Spearmint Pistachio Logs
- Superfood Birthday Cake
- Super Berry Banana Bonanza Smoothie
- The Wickedest Truffles Ever
- Ultimate Superfood Smoothie
- Vegan Brownies with Almond Cacao Icing
- Wholefood LCM Bars
Depends – some people say it helps them sleep, some say it makes them more alert – we're all so unique!
2. How much caffeine does cacao have?
All natural products vary, but it is generally considered to have about 1% caffeine (as compared to tea at 4% and coffee which can be more than 10% !!)
3. So why do I feel so good eating cacao?
Cacao has other naturally occurring phytochemicals like theobromine (considered an aphrodisiac), phenylethylamine (PEA – released when we fall in love), and anandamide (the ‘bliss' chemical).